Our role is to provide academic accommodations for students with documented Mental Health disabilities in accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code and York Senate Policy on accommodating Students with Disabilities. Our focus is on providing academic support to students with Mental Health Disabilities and does not include treatment. We provide students with appropriate referrals. Our Program is not meant to replace mental health support available in the community.
- Maximize the educational experience of students with mental health disabilities so that they enjoy academic success.
- Encourage students with mental health disabilities to become as independent as possible by familiarizing them with university policies and procedures and campus resources.
- Provide 'reasonable' academic accommodations to students with mental health disabilities to help maximize their educational experience.
- Educate campus community about mental health disabilities and their impact on students' academic performance.
- Part-time and full-time undergraduate or graduate students registered at York University and living with a mental health disability requiring support related to their education. Mental health disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- bipolar disorder
- anxiety disorders (e.g., OCD, GAD, social phobia, panic attacks, PTSD)
- eating disorders
Location: N110 Bennett Centre for Student Services
Hours of Operation
- 9am to 4:30pm - Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday*
- 9am to 7pm - Tuesday
*We close at 3:30pm on Fridays throughout June, July and August.